5 Reasons Your Small Business Should Apply for Our $10,000 Prize
The holidays often represent both the best of times and the worst of times for small businesses. While sales may be booming, small business owners face tough decisions regarding operating hours, time-off for employees, holiday bonuses, sales goals, and year-end reviews. However, there’s one decision you can make for your business this holiday season that’s smart and simple―applying for the DREAM BIG Small Business of the Year Award, sponsored by Sam’s Club®. It’s about time you treated yourself to a little something special!
If you need extra incentive, check out our top 5 reasons to apply.
- Take a strategic look at your business. The day-to-day running of a small business often prevents owners from finding the time to evaluate their company from an outsider’s perspective. Analyze your business model and determine where you are excelling and where improvements can be made. This is a crucial step for any successful business and should not be overlooked.
- Earn recognition. You have worked hard to get you where you are, and it’s time to gain the recognition you deserve. If you are named one of our 100 Blue Ribbon Award winners, we’ll send you a publicity toolkit to help you share your accomplishment with friends, followers, and potential customers. You could also earn a spotlight feature in our national magazine, Free Enterprise.
- Acknowledge hardworking employees. Let’s be honest, you wouldn’t be where you are without a number of your dedicated employees. Take the time to thank them for their shared vision, commitment, and contribution to your success.
- Win $10,000. Better odds than winning the lottery but the money is just as real (AND we cover the taxes)! Take home the cash prize and help make your business dreams a reality.
- Thank your customers. Customer loyalty is an important component of any successful business. Keep them coming back for more by showing your appreciation.
3 pages, 12 questions. It’s a no brainer. Don’t hesitate ― apply today! The application deadline is February 6, 2014. If you're looking for an extra edge, learn more about last year's winner and finalists.
To learn more about last year’s 100 Blue Ribbon winners, check out these 6 facts.
Read more about award criteria, eligibility, and levels of recognition for the 2014 DREAM BIG Small Business of the Year.